WELCOME TO YOUR HOGWARTS EXPERIENCE, WE ARE A POST POTTER SITE CELEBRATING ITS 4th YEAR BEING OPEN, SET AFTER THE GREAT BATTLE OF HOGWARTS YEAR 2025. WE ARE AN INTERACTIVE, NO WORD COUNT, CANON SITE. WE DO NOT USE APPLICATIONS BUT ASK YOU CREATE A MEMBER PROFILE IN THE VAULTS. PLEASE REGISTER YOUR NAME LIKE SO: REMUS J. LUPIN. MUST BE YOUR CHARACTERS FIRST AND LAST NAME, MIDDLE INITIAL OKAY.
    Add Reply   New Topic   New Poll

Site Tips & Tricks, Full of tips and tricks for the site!
Sorting Hat
 Posted: Feb 10 2015, 03:12 PM

is Offline

undetermined years old

Admin.

33 Posts

Awards: None

We all know that every site is different, but here are some handy tips and tricks to know to make your time on YHE easier!

Linking & Posting As Different Characters

user posted image

You can link as many of your characters to the same account. Most people choose one account -maybe your first or your favourite- and then link all your characters to that one account. It makes them easier to get to when you wish to post as them.

To add another account to your Favoured or Parent account you simply go into your “My Controls” panel, and you can find the Edit Sub-Accounts option on the left hand side bar. Through this you can add as many accounts as you like (that you have made) to make for quick posting.

user posted image

While posting you do not need to change your account to the character you need to do it. You can stay in your Parent Account, and at the bottom of both the Fast Reply and the Full Reply options.

The small Drop Down Menu gives you the option to make the post either by the Account you are signed in as, or as another that you have linked to the Parent Account. This saves the need to continually change which Account you are sign in as.

Using The CBox

user posted image

Using the CBox is rather easy.

Simply pick a User Name (Usually a name people will know you by, like a Favoured Character Name or your Writer Name) and place it into the “Name” box. (Usually most people pick one name, or a First Name and an Initial.)

If you then click the Profile button, it will let you save it.

user posted image

It will ask you to add a Password to save his Name for you and you alone. The Password can be anything you like.

user posted image

Now you can write in the CBox under your chosen Name. You can also add a image into the box that says “email/url”. It is best to use an images that is roughly square, and is reduced in size (about 90x90 is what I do.)

Recent Posts

user posted image

If, like me, you can sometimes forget what posts you owe with whom, you can scroll down to the bottom of the board, and click on the Today’s Active Topics. This will give you a list of all the topics (that are not in restricted or private forums.)

user posted image

The list will show the posts from the last twenty four hours, though if you wish to see more than that you can always go to the drop down menu on the right. On this menu you can select the days posts you wish to see. For example; you could choose to see the last three days posts, or the posts from five days ago, and only those. I find this a handy way to go through the week to see if I have missed anything.

Thread Tracking

You can track a thread one of your Sub-Accounts is in with your Parent Account by simply clicking on the Track This Topic option at the start of a thread.

user posted image

To view them, click My Controls and View Topics on the left hand menu.

user posted image

Quick Links

To access a number of Quick Links to navigate you around the site, start by clicking on the fourth Lightning Bolt (fourth counting from left to right).

user posted image

This will open up a menu of many different Quick Links to guide you to various parts of the YHE site, like the Bank, or maybe the Member Listing etc.

user posted image

--------------------
user posted image
Oh you may not think I'm pretty, But don't judge on what you see,
I'll eat myself if you can find a smarter hat than me.
PM
^
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:
Share this topic:
« Next Oldest | Questions and Answers | Next Newest »

Topic Options   Add Reply   New Topic   New Poll

Staff Affiliates
Our Affiliates
Candyland Couture Shadowplay The Beginning

? SKINNED BY WALKERBAIT ?
TOGGLE CBOX BY KISMET
CFS SCRIPT BY BLACK

TOGGLE